Health and Safety lawyer, David Beckenham will be the keynote speaker at MBL’s ‘An Inspector Calls event, from 2pm-5.15pm on 24 July.
The seminar will provide significant guidance on the HSE investigation process, as well as how to manage it and is aimed at in-house counsel, senior management, health and safety or risk managers and HR personnel.
Often asked to deliver immediate support following work-related accidents, David will provide comprehensive guidance on how to manage an HSE investigation, following an incident in the workplace or on a construction site. Having worked in industry, as well as private practice and in-house, his multi-faceted insight will cover:
- What to do after an incident occurs
- The role of the insurer
- Communications (with employees, shareholders, the media)
- The HSE investigation
- Powers of an HSE inspector
- Interviews under caution
- Conducting your own investigation
- Privilege, what it covers and what it does not cover
- The law and court procedure, including who has the burden of proof
- Fines and sentencing
- The decision to prosecute
The Code for Crown ProsecutorsEntry to the event costs just £95 + VAT (Standard price £240 + VAT) with the reference SPEAKER16. Click here to register your place now.