Keystone Law’s marketing team have been recognised as innovators at the prestigious Legal Innovation Awards 2021 by winning the hotly contested Outstanding Marketing Innovation category.
The Awards, now in their seventh year and run by the legal publication Law.com International, celebrate the outstanding achievements and best practice of law firms, chambers, in-house legal departments and alternative business structures.
The team were praised for the range of new internal marketing initiatives which took place during each of the lockdowns to ensure that the firm’s lawyers continued to feel part of a community without the regular face-to-face interactions as well as lifting spirits during a challenging time. Such initiatives included:
- Distribution of branded face coverings with a message to stay safe.
- Launch of a Facebook-style newsfeed embedded into the internal tech platform.
- Launch of the virtual networking software Remo to host regular networking events. Keystone became one of the first users in the UK to enable networking in a realistic way with colleagues in the UK and abroad.
- Launch of the Keystone Arms, the firm’s virtual pub. By customising Remo, the virtual watering hole featured pool tables, a beer garden, and a bar. Invitations to the pub launch were sent with a bottle of wine encouraging colleagues to network in a relaxed setting.
- In the absence of a Christmas party, Keystone customised Remo to create a Winter Wonderland with themed areas such as the ice rink, on the Ferris wheel, and around the Christmas tree. To build excitement for the night, a Christmas hamper accompanied invitations to the event.
- A Valentine’s Day card signed from Keystone’s management team was sent to everyone thanking them for the love they show to colleagues and clients and how this is appreciated by the firm.
- A Keystone-themed activity pack aimed at children aged 3–9 was created to offer some light relief to those juggling home schooling and work.
As one judge commented, Keystone’s marketing initiatives over the last year embody the mantra “Look after your people and your people will look after your customers.”
Kristina Oliver, Marketing and Business Development Director at Keystone Law, said:
“As a firm we are consistently pursuing a forward-thinking and innovative approach to legal marketing, both internally and externally. People are at the heart of Keystone and finding ways to keep everyone connected and supported when we are unable to meet in person has been more important than ever. I am extremely proud of the team and thrilled that the initiatives have been recognised at the Innovation Awards.”