Doug’s practice covers both corporate and banking work. He advises public and private companies and financial institutions on a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions including mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations and joint ventures, commercial agreements lending and other financing arrangements, as well as general corporate and securities law issues. Doug’s client base spans a number of industry sectors including financial services and insurance, life sciences and healthcare, and real estate. He has considerable experience of cross-border transactions and regularly advises US and other overseas clients on doing business in the UK and Europe, helping them to understand and manage the differences in corporate law practice between North America and Europe.
Doug has authored a number of industry publications, including the UK chapter of the American Bar Association guide to international share purchase transactions and the ABA guide to international asset purchase transactions.
Immediately prior to joining Keystone Law, Doug was a partner in a large City law firm for over 17 years.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Takeovers and disposals
- Corporate finance, AIM
- Asset and receivable financing
- Investment funds
- Corporate governance and Companies Act issues
- Advised Bank of Cyprus UK on its assumption of the £270m of UK deposits of Cyprus Popular Bank
- Advised a multinational bank on various significant corporate restructuring projects
- Advised Gain Capital Inc. on its acquisition of Galvan Research (the UK’s leading contracts for difference advisory business)
- Advised Forex Capital Markets Inc. on its $176m acquisition of a 50% controlling interest in Lucid Markets
- Advised BNY Mellon, as trustee and agent, on the unwind of the Lehman arranged $11bn Dante programme, consisting of over 200 separate series of synthetic, credit-linked CDOs in the form of notes linked to credit default swaps
- Represented TCA Global Fund Management Group on numerous equity and debt financings of UK and other European companies
- Advised Tindall Riley (a manager of mutual insurers) on acquisitions, disposals and corporate reorganisations
- Advised Hdg group on the corporate sale to Oxford Properties of the largest singly owned block of New Bond Street, London
- Advised PerkinElmer Inc. on numerous cross-border acquisitions and disposals and other commercial agreements
- Advised a large US pharmaceutical services group on a £40m acquisition in Europe
- Advised Nadler Hotels Group on various corporate reorganisations, shareholder arrangements and also on various loan facilities and re-financings
- Advised a global airline on several international joint ventures
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Doug qualified as a solicitor in 1993. Before joining Keystone Law in 2017, he worked at the following firms:
- Reed Smith