Duccio represents a wide number of high-net worth individuals and families, as well as entrepreneurs and owner-managed/family businesses. A particular area of emphasis is advising clients operating in high-profile sectors (sports, entertainment, fashion), often in an international setting.
Aside from general private client work (including advice in relation to wills, trusts, estate planning and domicile issues) Duccio works with his clients in reviewing private wealth, commercial and asset ownership structures (including setting up and administering image rights companies), as well as advising on ancillary commercial and corporate matters. He also advises on charitable law, particularly in the context of family grant-making foundations, private charitable entities or other philanthropic activity.
Duccio is a bilingual English-Italian speaker and acts for a number of Italian clients, both individuals and corporate entities, with interests in the UK, or for international clients investing and operating in Italy. He is often called upon to assist international clients with a UK connection in dealing with local advisors in Italy and in other jurisdictions.
- Wills and estate planning
- UK trust advice to trustees, beneficiaries, or settlors
- Charity law
- Corporate and commercial advice to HNW individuals, SMEs, owner-managed and family businesses
- Mental capacity work, particularly creation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney and registration and administration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Probate and estate administration
- Advised a high profile sports professional on contract with agent, sponsorship agreements and a bespoke structure to protect personal wealth
- Renegotiated on behalf of a UHNW the terms of a nine figure personal loan
- Advised co- founder of a successful hedge fund on entry and exit of business and structuring personal wealth throughout process
- Advises sports, fashion and entertainment clients in negotiations of marketing and agency agreements
- Prepared, filed and negotiated extensively with the Charity Commission of England the registration of an innovative charity, focused on market-driven development across several third world countries, funded by several international aid and UN agencies
- Advised innovative digital businesses on negotiation of commercial agreements with high-profile charities
- Set up family charitable trusts for UHNWs and HNWs and regularly advises the boards and individual trustees in carrying out their duties and in managing interactions with Charity Commission, grant recipients and other partner charities
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Duccio qualified as a solicitor in 2000. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2009, he worked at the following firms:
- Bates Wells & Braithwaite