Simon is an experienced dispute resolution lawyer who advises clients across a wide range of industries. He is well versed in a variety of dispute resolution techniques including litigation, international and domestic arbitration, mediation, expert determination, early neutral evaluation and adjudication.
Simon is a member of the London Court of International Arbitration’s Young Arbitrators Group and the International Nuclear Law Association. From 2010 to 2013, Simon sat as a Deputy District Judge in London.
- Commercial disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Fraud, misuse of confidential information, breach of fiduciary/ directors’ duties and other disputes involving allegations of dishonesty
- Insolvency related issues
- Construction disputes
- Representing airlines on disputes arising out of charters and maintenance programmes; various dry shipping claims; advising a national rail operator in a judicial review over the award of national rail franchises
- Advising hedge funds, investment banks and brokers on a variety of complex disputes
- Advising on disputes relating to major construction projects including a road bridge in the Far East, a liquid gas terminal in Europe and a landmark art gallery in the UK
- The Lockerbie bombing trial; the Harold Shipman Inquiry; acting for inmates on death row in the Caribbean
- Representing BNFL in substantial litigation over the reprocessing of spent nuclear fuel; acting on a $120m arbitration concerning three chemical plants in Iran; advising a commodities trader on recovery of a $30m consignment of jet fuel impounded in the Middle East
- Advising a Swiss banker implicated in fraud proceedings; acting for a Middle Eastern state in relation to a $120m fraud; advising a firm of brokers involved in the Langbar fraud litigation
- Acting for the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in litigation with a biotechnology company over the conduct of a clinical trial; representing a medical devices manufacturer in an inquest following the death of several patients; advising pharmaceutical companies on disputes with animal rights protestors
- Representing DuPont in the Court of Appeal in a dispute relating to flat screen display technology; advising the Turkish licensee of the MTV and Nickelodeon channels in litigation with MTV; advising a software company on a business-critical dispute with IBM
- Advising on numerous disputes between partners and shareholders; and on disputes relating to departing employees, particularly relating to restrictive covenant and confidentiality issues
- Acting for and against barristers, solicitors, accountants, architects, surveyors, brokers and finance professionals against claims valued at up to £1bn
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Simon qualified as a solicitor in 2000. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2008, he worked at Eversheds.