Tsige has over ten years’ experience in advising on immigration law and during that time has acquired a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of private and corporate immigration work. Tsige’s current practice focuses on corporate, high-net-worth individuals and EEA nationals, as well as family-based and naturalisation applications. With a client base that sees her act across a broad range of industries including, but not limited to, the financial, oil and gas, IT and digital technology sectors, Tsige provides client-tailored and commercially viable advice and assistance.
- The points-based system
- Sponsor licence (initial application, management and renewal)
- Obtaining certificates of sponsorship
- Skilled Workers and Temporary Workers
- Intra-company transfers
- Assistance ahead of and during Home Office compliance visits
- Compliance with UK immigration laws and sponsorship duties
- Prevention of illegal working
- Global talent, innovators and start ups
- Dependent family members
- Spouses, civil partners and unmarried partners of British citizens
- Switching between relevant immigration categories
- EEA national applications
- Indefinite leave and naturalisation applications
- Immigration appeals
- Obtaining and maintaining sponsor licences for a large number of organisations, including those in the digital technology sector.
- Advising on and assisting with immigration compliance steps following merger and acquisitions and similar transactions for large multi-national and global entities.
- Advising and assisting businesses with their internal immigration processes to ensure they are compliant with the prevention of illegal working provisions as well as their sponsorship duties.
- Assisting businesses with large group assignments following high-profile commercial transactions.
- Assisting with visa and leave-to-remain applications for high-net-worth individuals in both the investor and entrepreneur categories. Highlights include assisting with an investor visa application for an investment bank owner.
- Assisting with a large number of family-based and European applications. Highlights include an application for leave to remain for a very well-known international sports person.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 (2022-2023) for Immigration
“Tsige Berhanu is exceptionally knowledgeable in all areas of her specialism, and can always give expert advice on a question, no matter how challenging it may be. Outstanding customer service and response times – highly recommended.” The Legal 500 2022
Tsige qualified as a solicitor in 2003. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2016, she worked at the following firms:
- Emigra Worldwide