Tsige has over ten years’ experience in advising on immigration law and during that time has acquired a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of private and corporate immigration work. Tsige’s current practice focuses on corporate, high-net-worth individuals and EEA nationals, as well as family-based and naturalisation applications. With a client base that sees her act across a broad range of industries including, but not limited to, the financial, oil and gas, IT and digital technology sectors, Tsige provides client-tailored and commercially viable advice and assistance.
- The points-based system
- Sponsor licence (initial application, management and renewal)
- Obtaining certificates of sponsorship
- Skilled Workers and Temporary Workers
- Intra-company transfers
- Assistance ahead of and during Home Office compliance visits
- Compliance with UK immigration laws and sponsorship duties
- Prevention of illegal working
- Global talent, innovators and start ups
- Dependent family members
- Spouses, civil partners and unmarried partners of British citizens
- Switching between relevant immigration categories
- EEA national applications
- Indefinite leave and naturalisation applications
- Immigration appeals
- Obtaining and maintaining sponsor licences for a large number of organisations, including those in the digital technology sector.
- Advising on and assisting with immigration compliance steps following merger and acquisitions and similar transactions for large multi-national and global entities.
- Advising and assisting businesses with their internal immigration processes to ensure they are compliant with the prevention of illegal working provisions as well as their sponsorship duties.
- Assisting businesses with large group assignments following high-profile commercial transactions.
- Assisting with visa and leave-to-remain applications for high-net-worth individuals in both the investor and entrepreneur categories. Highlights include assisting with an investor visa application for an investment bank owner.
- Assisting with a large number of family-based and European applications. Highlights include an application for leave to remain for a very well-known international sports person.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Immigration
“Tsige Berhanu is exceptionally knowledgeable in all areas of her specialism, and can always give expert advice on a question, no matter how challenging it may be. Outstanding customer service and response times – highly recommended.” The Legal 500 2022
Tsige qualified as a solicitor in 2003. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2016, she worked at the following firms:
- Emigra Worldwide