Adam specialises in commercial property transactions and began his career practising in New York as in-house counsel for a real estate investment fund. He advises on all aspects of property investment, development, leasing, management and financing.
Adam acts for a broad range of clients across all asset classes, from pension funds and sovereign investors to hotels and technology start-ups.
Adam also advises restaurants and leisure facilities on alcohol and entertainment licencing, assisting with new licence applications, variations and general licensing matters.
Adam has been amazing in his work on behalf of the Berjaya Hotel Group here in the U.K. He patiently listens to all legal issues we face whilst keeping our commercial interest in mind. Whenever a related non-legal issue arises, he always points us in the right direction to obtain the advice we need. I would recommend Adam Cornbloom wholeheartedly as a fantastic real-estate solicitor.
Director of Berjaya Vacation Club (UK) Limited
- Site disposals and acquisitions
- Real estate financing
- Lease grants, assignments and surrenders
- Lease renewals and variations
- Option agreements
- Development overages
- Easement grants
- Alcohol and entertainment licences
- Acted on the finance and acquisition of a mixed-use London development of circa 100 units.
- Acted for a property developer on the acquisition and finance of a London site for the development of 19 residential units.
- Advised on the acquisition from the NHS of a large mixed-use development site in East London with bridging finance. This involved the negotiation of a complex overage agreement.
- Advised on the £5 million re-finance of a large London development site, acting for the borrower.
- Advised a property developer on the negotiation of an option agreement for the acquisition of a Central London development site.
Hotels, Hospitality & Leisure
- Advised an international hotel group on the management of its UK portfolio.
- Advised on the letting of a historic Chelsea pub.
- Acted on the lease of a new gym franchise’s first site in the City of London.
- Acted for a Japanese patisserie on the lease of its flagship Soho site.
- Acted for a new concept sake bar on the opening of its London site.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Adam qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales in 2012 and is also admitted as an attorney in New York. Prior to joining Keystone Law, he worked at Fletcher Day.