Andrew is an experienced UK and US qualified corporate and commercial lawyer who advises on UK and international capital markets, M&A, private equity and venture capital investments / exits.
Andrew also acts as legal counsel for entrepreneurs, investors and businesses in relation to strategy, risk, regulatory compliance, corporate governance and constitutional issues.
Andrew has advised clients across a range of sectors including financial services, healthcare and life sciences, hotels, hospitality and leisure, retail, technology and telecoms.
Andrew is a very responsive and knowledgeable counsel whose pragmatic and professional approach ensured we closed the deal.
COO, Freshwave Group
Andrew is a superb corporate lawyer who secured a successful exit for me – he is great value for money. I am pleased that we are working together again on my next business venture.
- Commercial contracts
- Corporate governance
- Due diligence
- Joint ventures
- Group re-organisations
- Venture capital
- Private equity
- Capital markets
- Advised Ascot Lloyd on its US private equity-backed acquisition of several IFA businesses with assets under advice of more than £2.5 billion.
- Advised Solomon Capital on its US private equity-backed acquisition of two major IFA businesses with assets under influence of more than £2.8 billion.
- Advised the co-founder of Vantage Capital Markets on the disposal of his business interest.
- Advised a fund management group on its admission to trading on AIM, EIS and VCT fund raising and its acquisition of Throgmorton Asset Management.
- Advised California State Pension Fund (CalPERs) on investments by it (and co-investor Hermes Investment Fund) in Sourcecap International.
Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Advised Business Growth Fund on its growth capital investment in Evo Dental Group.
- Advised Portman Healthcare on its formation and acquisition of private dental businesses.
- Advised Proteome Sciences plc (AIM) on equity fund raising, shareholder loans and corporate governance.
- Advised Swarraton Partners on its private equity investments in Revolymer and Theragenetics.
- Advised the founder of Allmed Medical Group in relation to its global group re-organisation and family succession planning.
Technology and Telecoms
- Advised Freshwave, a UK network service provider, on its acquisition of Air Angel’s managed service wi-fi business.
- Advised the founders of Two Circles, a digital sports marketing agency, on US private equity investment by Bruin Sports Capital.
- Advised Connected Kerb on venture capital fund raising for its EV charging infrastructure technology.
- Advised Highgate Technology Fund on its equity fund raising, venture capital investments and exits including the sale of Adaptis Payment Solutions to PayPoint plc (FTSE).
- Advised Urban Wimax Networks plc on its re-registration as a limited company, reduction of capital, share buyback and growth capital investment by Foresight Group.
Hotels, Hospitality & Leisure
- Advised Ten Entertainment Group plc (FTSE) on its acquisition of tenpin bowling businesses and commercial contracts.
- Advised The Gym Group plc (FTSE) in relation to the acquisition of gym businesses and regulatory matters.
- Advised Orange Theory Fitness on its acquisition of gym studios from David Lloyd Leisure.
- Advised Oxygen Freejumping on venture capital fund raising to grow its UK trampoline park business.
- Advised Conduit Investments on its acquisition of Fantasy Island theme park, Skegness.
- Advised a Jersey investment fund on the acquisition and subsequent disposal of 37 Thistle Hotels.
- Advised the directors of Moss Bros in relation to its take private by a US-led consortium of investors.
- Advised Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein on their group re-organisations, reductions of capital and distributions.
- Advised Calculus Capital on its venture capital investment in Cornerstone Brands.
- Advised Green Room Brands on its venture capital funding for the distribution of Green Cola in the UK.
- Advised Cargo Home Shop on its takeover by Freedom, an Australian retail group.
- Advised Trident Fashions plc on the sale of Ciro Citterio to Hilco Capital.
- Acted as legal counsel for CLOWD9 on its commercial contracts, legal strategy, risk and regulatory compliance.
- Acted as legal counsel for Venari Security in relation to legal strategy and risk issues arising after the acquisition of its encrypted communications technology platform.
- Acted as legal counsel for RailcarCo. Corporation in relation to its constitutional documents and succession planning.
- Acted as legal counsel for International Port Capital Management in relation to a successful exit from its investment in a Scottish mobile crane business.
- Acted as legal counsel for The Gentlemen Baristas on corporate governance issues relating to an investor director.
- Acted as pro bono legal counsel for The Queen’s Club in relation to its club rules and constitution.
Andrew qualified as a solicitor in 1999. Prior to joining Keystone Law, he worked at the following firms:
- Freeths LLP
- Edwin Coe LLP
- Fladgate LLP
- Slaughter & May