Andrew also acts as legal counsel for entrepreneurs, investors and businesses in relation to strategy, risk, regulatory compliance, corporate governance and constitutional issues.
Andrew is a very responsive and knowledgeable counsel whose pragmatic and professional approach ensured we closed the deal.
COO, Freshwave Group
Andrew is a superb corporate lawyer who secured a successful exit for me – he is great value for money. I am pleased that we are working together again on my next business venture.
We worked with Andrew on the sale of our company to a much larger, private equity backed business – he was a pleasure to work with and provided excellent advice as well as managing our expectations throughout the process.
Managing Director, d&b Solutions
Andrew gave us very good legal advice when we sold our business to a US private equity fund. His calm and professional manner was very reassuring and he got the job done with the minimum of fuss. He was easy to work with and I highly recommend him to anyone who is considering a company sale.
Founder, Two Circles
- Commercial contracts
- Corporate governance
- Due diligence
- Joint ventures
- Group re-organisations
- Venture capital
- Private equity
- Capital markets
- Advised Ascot Lloyd on its US private equity-backed acquisition of several IFA businesses with assets under advice of more than £2.5 billion.
- Advised Solomon Capital on its US private equity-backed acquisition of two major IFA businesses with assets under influence of more than £2.8 billion.
- Advised the co-founder of Vantage Capital Markets on the disposal of his business interest.
- Advised a fund management group on its admission to trading on AIM, EIS and VCT fund raising and its acquisition of Throgmorton Asset Management.
- Advised California State Pension Fund (CalPERs) on investments by it (and co-investor Hermes Investment Fund) in Sourcecap International.
- Advised a number of Indian public companies on listing convertible bonds and global depositary receipts on London, Luxembourg and Singapore stock exchanges including BSEL Infrastructure Realty, Kanoria Chemicals, McNally Bharat Engineering Co, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries and Wanbury.
- Advised Business Growth Fund on its growth capital investment in Evo Dental Group.
- Advised Portman Healthcare on its formation and acquisition of private dental businesses.
- Advised Proteome Sciences plc (AIM) on equity fund raising, shareholder loans and corporate governance.
- Advised Swarraton Partners on its private equity investments in Revolymer and Theragenetics.
- Advised the founder of Allmed Medical Group in relation to its global group re-organisation and family succession planning.
- Advised Freshwave, a UK network service provider, on its acquisition of Air Angel’s managed service wi-fi business.
- Advised the founders of Two Circles, a digital sports marketing agency, on US private equity investment by Bruin Sports Capital.
- Advised Connected Kerb on venture capital fund raising for its EV charging infrastructure technology.
- Advised Highgate Technology Fund on its equity fund raising, venture capital investments and exits including the sale of Adaptis Payment Solutions to PayPoint plc (FTSE).
- Advised Urban Wimax Networks plc on its re-registration as a limited company, reduction of capital, share buyback and growth capital investment by Foresight Group.
- Advised Ten Entertainment Group plc (FTSE) on its acquisition of tenpin bowling businesses and commercial contracts.
- Advised The Gym Group plc (FTSE) in relation to the acquisition of gym businesses and regulatory matters.
- Advised Orange Theory Fitness on its acquisition of gym studios from David Lloyd Leisure.
- Advised Oxygen Freejumping on venture capital fund raising to grow its UK trampoline park business.
- Advised Conduit Investments on its acquisition of Fantasy Island theme park, Skegness.
- Advised a Jersey investment fund on the acquisition and subsequent disposal of 37 Thistle Hotels.
- Advised the directors of Moss Bros in relation to its take private by a US-led consortium of investors.
- Advised Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein on their group re-organisations, reductions of capital and distributions.
- Advised Calculus Capital on its venture capital investment in Cornerstone Brands.
- Advised Green Room Brands on its venture capital funding for the distribution of Green Cola in the UK.
- Advised Cargo Home Shop on its takeover by Freedom, an Australian retail group.
- Advised Trident Fashions plc on the sale of Ciro Citterio to Hilco Capital.
- Acted as legal counsel for CLOWD9 on its commercial contracts, legal strategy, risk and regulatory compliance.
- Acted as legal counsel for Venari Security in relation to legal strategy and risk issues arising after the acquisition of its encrypted communications technology platform.
- Acted as legal counsel for RailcarCo. Corporation in relation to its constitutional documents and succession planning.
- Acted as legal counsel for International Port Capital Management in relation to a successful exit from its investment in a Scottish mobile crane business.
- Acted as legal counsel for The Gentlemen Baristas on corporate governance issues relating to an investor director.
- Acted as pro bono legal counsel for The Queen’s Club in relation to its club rules and constitution.
- Advised CLOWD9 on venture capital investment by Cara Alternative Investments GmbH.
- Advised the shareholders of White Light Limited on its sale to d&b Audiotechnik.
- Advised Acquinex GmbH on warranty and indemnity insurance for a cross-border M&A transaction.
- Advised Apeiron Investment Group on its Series A equity investment in Olsam Group’s global online retail business.
- Acted for Allmed Medical Group founder on its international group reorganisation.
Andrew qualified as a solicitor in 1999. Prior to joining Keystone Law, he worked at the following firms:
- Freeths LLP
- Edwin Coe LLP
- Fladgate LLP
- Slaughter & May