Andrew is an experienced Australia-qualified solicitor specialising in all aspects of commercial construction law. He advises funders, developers, landowners, contractors, tenants and professionals on the drafting and negotiation of the full range of construction contracts, such as building contracts, consultant appointments, bonds, guarantees, collateral warranties and associated agreements, both standard form and bespoke.
Andrew advises on construction projects and developments for a variety of industries such as housing, education, retail, healthcare, hotels and hospitality.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising upon construction contracts and development agreements
- Building contracts (in standard and bespoke form)
- Professional appointments
- Collateral warranties, third party rights and all ancillary construction documents
- Parent company guarantees, performance bonds, deeds of trust and other forms of construction security
- Partnering agreements
- Maintenance contracts
- Advised on the development of the Beehive Centre at Cambridge for British Land Developments Limited for the value of £180 million.
- Advised on the construction aspects for the building of schools at Ealing and York to the value of £200 million each.
- Advised on the construction aspects for the building of sheltered housing facilities at Oldham, Croydon and Stanhope to the value of £100 million each.
- Advised on the construction aspects for NHS health facilities at Sheffield, Oldham and Cornwall to the value of £120 million each.
- Advised on the construction aspects for hospitals at Ealing, Croydon and Kent to the value of £200 million each.
- Advised on the construction of various entertainment centres and nightclubs across the UK to the value of £30 million.
- Advised on the construction of major London shopping centres, including many retail superstores across the UK.
- Acted for the developer in the refurbishment of the Stables Market at Camden for the value of £20 million.
- Acted for Tesco Stores Limited in relation to the development, purchase and letting of a variety of stores across the UK to the value of £100 million.
- Advised on the due diligence for the acquisition of a pipeline and an Australian power station for the value of £1.2 billion.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Construction
Andrew qualified as a solicitor in Australia in 1996. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, he worked at the following firms:
- Berwin Leighton Paisner
- Allens Linklaters in Australia