Annabel is a very experienced litigator and family practitioner who handles dispute resolution cases across a wide range of areas. She acts predominantly for individuals and families in times of crisis and also small companies both in the UK and overseas.
Annabel is a collaborative practitioner, a trained family mediator, an associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a member of Resolution. This provides her with the specialised skill set needed to successfully resolve a wide range of disputes particularly partnership, families (including contested probates and Inheritance Act claims) neighbours and landlord and tenant matters.
Earlier in her career, she was on the Personal Injury Panel for The Law Society, having successfully settled many claims, particularly for motorcyclists.
If Annabel has your back you feel like you have a whole army behind you.
One of the best litigation solicitors I have ever come across.
Having just achieved a settlement to a bruising contract dispute over a residential house sale some 3 years ago, I can confirm that being involved as a private individual in a legal dispute is as miserable, expensive and frustrating as anticipated. The only ray of light in this dark episode was selecting and working with Annabel. She is not only breathtakingly competent, knowledgeable and efficient but has an array of qualities less expected in a high-calibre lawyer; flexibility, creativity and a refreshing and well-timed sense of humour. I cannot recommend her more highly.
Your prompt support and pertinent advice gave me confidence during these critical negotiations.
You have always shown great professionalism, but more than that you have shown us genuine concern, compassion and empathy for our situation and that was so important to us.
The service I received was brilliant. Annabel was extremely clear with her explanations, kept me updated with any developments and always got back to me as soon as possible. Her warm and friendly demeanour and efficient working made what could have been an unpleasant process much easier for me
Thank you, 100 times, for your patience and guidance through this long process.
Your good heart for me in all this has shone. I am so very grateful.
Having your endless support has given me confidence and I cannot ever thank you enough for all your guidance and support - greatly appreciated.
- Disputes relating to individuals including estates, partners, neighbours and families
- Cohabitation issues and deeds (including declarations of trust)
- Prenuptial agreements
- Collaborative negotiations and agreements
- Contested probates
- Inheritance Act claims
- Partnership and LLP disputes
- Property including dilapidations, landlord & tenant, breach of covenant, nuisance, boundary and neighbour disputes and Party Wall Act issues
- Contract disputes
- Advised on numerous neighbour disputes, including Party Wall Act issues and boundaries
- Won a hard-fought boundary dispute for long-standing clients after 5 days in the RCJ with indemnity costs
- Successful in the Court of Appeal in a co-habitation dispute and numerous other cohabitation issues and TOLATA claims
- Successfully advised on a number of divorces and financial arrangements, including variation of maintenance payments as retirement for payer approaches.
- Acted in a multimillion-pound award for children who had suffered life-changing injuries in a road traffic accident in 2000 and acted as their Receiver thereafter
- Acted in Court of Protection matters and advised vulnerable adults/young people
- Advised both landlords and tenants, and management companies in disputes, including for a northwest London housing association (landlord & tenants in a large listed block in Westminster) as well as many individuals
- Resolved several family disputes involving distribution of estates both in England and in Scotland
- Dealt with various issues for home owners in connection with disputes with builders, contractors, architects, etc.
- Advised on numerous contested probates, including disputes between siblings, friends/neighbours and children of the deceased who now lived abroad and needed help to resolve matters in the UK.
- Advised on various partnership disputes, including between long-standing friends from school who subsequently fell out after 15 years in business together without any written agreement.
- Advised on numerous claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act, including infant children, adult children and cohabitees of the deceased.
- Advised on dog-biting claims from incidents during lockdown/COVID, including one where an order for the destruction of the much-loved family dog (who should have been muzzled) was avoided.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Annabel qualified as a solicitor in 1986. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, she worked at Monro Wright and Wasbrough.