Carys is an experienced family solicitor who advises on divorce and the associated financial issues, as well as matters involving children and unmarried couples.
She regularly works on complex, high-value cases, alongside the family team. She has experience of dealing with matters in court proceedings and using alternative dispute resolution when possible.
She is a member of Resolution and is committed to assisting individuals to resolve matters in an amicable and conciliatory manner where possible.
- Divorce and related issues
- Financial consequences of relationship breakdown
- Disputes about living arrangements for children and/or how often children spend with each parent, including emergency applications
- Special guardianship applications
- Applications for non-molestation and occupation orders
- Co-habitation agreements and disputes
- Acted for a defendant in TLATA proceedings and successfully negotiated a settlement immediately prior to the case management conference taking place. Also acted for the client in associated Schedule 1 proceedings which were settled out of court. The case involved an additional element in that the claimant was assisted by a non-practising solicitor offering litigation support services who was particularly difficult and aggressive.
- Assisted in acting for the wife in a case involving a number of assets totalling approximately £20 million. The former matrimonial home as well as various companies were outside of this jurisdiction. Valuations in other jurisdictions and foreign tax advice were required.
- Assisted in acting for the wife in a case involving a property development company owned by the parties. The property portfolio was valued at c. £55 million. There were a number of complex issues in this case, including allegations of fraud within the business, civil proceedings against the business by investors once they became aware of the divorce, issues over property ownership and numerous tax considerations.
- Acted for the husband in a case involving a property portfolio of approximately £2 million.
- Main solicitor assisting in a £10 million financial remedy case which followed the arbitration process.
- Acted for the wife in pursuing a conduct case as part of financial remedy proceedings.
- Assisted in acting for a husband who ran a farming business where the former matrimonial home was subject to an agricultural occupancy condition.
- Assisted in acting for a wife in an application to enforce a substantial maintenance order which involved a cross-application from the husband to downwards vary the order.
- Acted for the husband in his appeal against the final orders made in respect of financial matters and associated costs orders. Instructed a costs draftsman on the husband’s behalf.
- Acted for a criminal barrister who was the respondent father in the mother’s internal relocation application. The matter proceeded to final hearing at which a favourable outcome was achieved for the father.
- Assisted in acting for a mother accused of fabricated or induced illness in relation to her child.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in The Legal 500 2024 for Family
“Carys Mason is up and coming and very much learning from fantastic colleagues. She is a great lawyer and diligent with great tactical skills.” The Legal 500 2024
Carys qualified as a solicitor in 2015. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she worked at Brachers.