Ceinwen is a specialist family lawyer who advises clients on the wide variety of issues following the breakdown of relationships, including complex financial claims upon divorce or separation and private children matters. She primarily advises individuals with complex assets both in the UK and abroad and those with family trusts or company assets. Ceinwen has acted for numerous entrepreneurs and clients in the public eye who require the utmost of discretion. She also advises vulnerable clients, including those suffering domestic violence.
Ceinwen regularly advises unmarried individuals in relation to claims pursuant to property disputes arising on the breakdown of cohabitation and unmarried parents in financial claims on behalf of their children.
In addition to her legal career, she has been the CEO of a foreign investment company and a non-executive director of a US listed company, which have given her a deeper understanding of complex commercial and private assets in the UK and other jurisdictions. Ceinwen is a Member of Resolution and an accomplished negotiator with compassion and understanding for her client’s needs in all areas of family law.
- Divorce and separation
- Financial settlements upon relationship breakdown
- International divorce and jurisdiction races
- Financial claims on behalf of children of unmarried parents
- Non-molestation and occupation orders
- Freezing orders
- Contact and residence arrangements in relation to children
- Variation of previous settlements and agreements
- Pre- and post-nuptial settlements
- Acting for the founder of a European bank in a jurisdiction race and subsequent financial claims upon seising jurisdiction in the UK
- Advising an unmarried mother in respect of financial claims for her child against a wealthy foreign businessman and freezing assets in this jurisdiction pending resolution of the claims
- Obtaining a non-molestation order and occupation order for a vulnerable client suffering from domestic violence, thereby enabling her to continue to live in a property at peace
- Succeeding in an application for a father to see his child after an intractable dispute and extensive period of no contact
- Advising a client in a cohabitation dispute to negotiate a settlement in relation to property ownership
- Advising a well-known public figure in divorce proceedings, negotiating and drafting a financial order with the utmost of discretion and avoiding the need to attend court
- Advising clients in other countries in respect of jurisdiction choices
- Lecturing, and speaking at a meeting of world leaders and politicians at Harvard University
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Ceinwen qualified as a solicitor in 2001. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2015, she worked at the following firms:
- Stewarts Law
- Speechly Bircham