Chidi is a construction lawyer with a specialism in major construction projects across the infrastructure and energy sectors, domestically and internationally. He is highly experienced in advising on construction contracts and has drafted and negotiated various bespoke contracts for high speed rail, power, infrastructure, and oil and gas projects.
Chidi has acted on some major projects in the UK, including for HS2 on the High Speed Two project, TfL on the Northern Line extension project and EDF on its new nuclear development programme in the UK.
As well as his non-contentious expertise, Chidi has advised on many disputes. He has dealt with a range of adjudications, mediations, settlement agreements, claims under the Pre-Action Protocol for Construction and Engineering Claims, court proceedings and arbitrations, including professional negligence claims.
- Major construction projects
- Construction contracts
- Procurement arrangements
- Engineering contracts
- Project finance
- Construction disputes
- Acted for High Speed Two (HS2) Limited, advising on its pre-qualification, tendering and procurement arrangements, drafting its early works contracts, main works civil contracts and South stations construction partner contract and advising on its station design services contracts
- Acted for TfL on the Northern Line Extension (NLE) project, drafting and negotiating the land and works agreement and other associated agreements, and advised on passing down TfL’s commitments under those agreements to the NLE construction contract
- Acted for Woodside as the operator for the JV owners in respect of the development of a major LNG liquefaction project onshore and offshore Western Australia
- Acted for Intergen on a 300 MW OCGT (Open Cycle Gas Turbine) project at Spalding, Lincolnshire, England
- Acted for Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) on an EPC contract and an enabling works contract for an energy from waste combined heat and power facility at Lostock Gralam, Northwich, Cheshire, England
- Acted for London Legacy Development Corporation on various contractual issues arising out of a series of contracts relating to the transformation of the Olympic Stadium and on a settlement agreement in relation to the same
- Acted for EDF on its new nuclear development programme in the UK, including advising on the EPC, civil engineering and nuclear reactor contracts and a template equipment supply & installation contract
- Acted for East Anglia Offshore Wind Limited on developing the 7.2GW East Anglia wind zone off the coast of the UK, including advising on the grid electrical supply work package
- Acted for Metcap on drafting and negotiating EPC and service contracts for the 878 MW Eurostar CCGT plant project in Turkey
- Acted for Macquarie Bank on the non-recourse financing of multiple solar PV projects in the UK including detailed due diligence and drafting and negotiating the EPC and O&M contracts
- Acted for BHP Billiton on drafting the contract for the supply, transport and construction of non-process infrastructure for the Beniomi Manganese Mine in Gabon
- Acted for PetroSA on the FEED contract, contracts for process technology licences and engineering design packages and services and EPC contract for the Project Mthombo oil refinery project in South Africa
- Acted for Hammerson on a contract to construct decking over the main line into Liverpool Street Station (including advising on asset protection arrangements with Network Rail)
- Acted in the seminal case of Mears Ltd v Costplan Services (South East) Ltd & Ors  EWCA Civ 502
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Author of “Reviewing ‘knock for knock’ indemnities following the Macondo Well blowout” published by Construction Law International
Chidi qualified as a solicitor in 2005. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, he worked at the following firms:
- Herbert Smith Freehills
- Clifford Chance