As a specialist personal injury lawyer with over 25 years experience, Cordelia advises on all aspects of liability for injury and ill health providing both litigation and strategic advice. Implementing a highly focused forensic approach to case management, she specialises in identifying medical and financial fraud.
Cordelia defends insurance claims and advises on coverage. She provides advice on a wide range of commercial issues connected with the management of workforce injury and health, often bridging the gap between human resources, employment concerns and claims.
Drawing upon her detailed knowledge of the claims process and her experience of accident investigations and analysis, Cordelia works collaboratively with clients who wish to undertake proactive audits, review systems and introduce changes following liability exposure. She delivers safety training to both management and production teams.
Her clients include Insurers, Income Protection Providers, Manufacturers, Employers, Fire Services and Local Authorities.
Cordelia is a part time Tribunal Judge of the Social Entitlement Chamber.
- Employer, public and occupier liability, transport, marine and aviation claims including those with international jurisdiction issues
- Personal Injury claims arising out of defective products
- Personal Injury claims pursued through Employment Tribunals
- Sports injuries and catastrophic injuries
- Provision of strategic advice to Employers on the management of workforce sick absences, long term sick leave issues and the administration of ill health pension schemes and enhancements
- Advice to businesses on risk management and safety issues.
- Coverage and claims advice on Health and Injury Policies
- Advice at board level on the corporate management of group claims liaising with stakeholders to secure agreement on strategy
- Identifying medical and financial fraud and managing these in the claims process
- Advising port authorities, harbours and marinas on occupier liability including maintenance regimes for estates and safety issues connected with land bordering water
- Advising local authorities on liability issues including; property damage, highways, injury, occupational disease, abuse, bullying and education claims
- Advising retail and manufacturing clients on employer and occupier liability claims, including upper limb disorders, occupational disease, stress and bullying
- Advising clients in the utility sector on liability giving rise to personal injury and property damage
- Advice on risk management initiatives and development of highway strategy and claims management
- Forensic analysis and interpretation of medical evidence for HR managers in connection with tribunals and litigation
- Complex catastrophic injury claims
- Complex transport claims including fraud
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2021 for Personal Injury: Defendant
“Cordelia Rushby is completely on top of her game.” The Legal 500 2021
Recognised by the Legal 500 2020 for Personal Injury: Defendant
“Cordelia Rushby is always quick to respond, technically very competent and outstanding in face-to-face mediation.” Legal 500 2020
Recognised by the Legal 500 2018 for Personal Injury: Defendant
“Gets to the bottom of a problem suggesting a cure in a pragmatic manner” Legal 500 2018
Recognised by Best Lawyers (UK) in the practice area of Personal Injury Litigation (2009 – 2021)
Cordelia Rushby is recognised by the Legal 500 2017. “Highly professional”
Noted by the Legal 500 2016 as a key figure in Personal Injury work
“Confident, knowledgeable and understanding, she is adept at a wide range of matters but her handling of catastrophic injury claims stands out” Chambers UK
“Market observers laud Cordelia Rushby for having a “good, commercial sense of a claim’s value” coupled with a “great strategic mentality” Chambers UK
Cordelia qualified as a solicitor in 1991. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2012, she worked at the following firms: