Guy acts for and is a trusted commercial property law adviser to national and international property businesses with a client base that includes property investment companies, banks and corporate occupiers, predominantly in the office, retail, leisure and hospitality sectors.
Clients with commercial property portfolios benefit from Guy’s extensive experience in advising on landlord and tenant law and his balanced, commercial approach to negotiations. He also often advises on complex agreements for lease conditional on development works and planning consents.
Banking clients turn to Guy for his expertise when it comes to secured lending transactions, particularly in London and Manchester.
- Core commercial property
- Retail & leisure
- Property development
- Secured lending
- Corporate occupiers, landlord & tenant
- 100+ transactions for Maybank
- 20 years’ experience in the London office market advising on HQ office acquisitions and disposals
- Advising Planet Organic since 2006
- Advising Banco Sabadell since 2006
- Advising Arab National Bank since 2007
- Investment management of landlord and tenant commercial property portfolios to protect and enhance capital values.
- HQ office moves and advice for tenant clients at landmark buildings at locations including The Leadenhall Building, Pall Mall and Buckingham Gate, London.
- Management of and subsequent sale of the JVC Business Park (former HQ of JVC Europe), Staples Corner for institutional investors.
- Management of and sale of the North West Fire Rescue and Control Centre, Warrington for institutional investors.
- Management of and subsequent sale of the Stratford Healthcare Centre, Stratford upon Avon, for institutional investors.
- Management of Spectrum, a 114,000 sq ft multi-let office building in Bristol, for institutional investors.
- Portfolio management for an institutional property group with hotels, business parks, offices and retail stores.
- Acquisition of The Pelham Hotel, South Kensington, for a consortium of investors.
- Acquisition of The Gore Hotel, South Kensington, for a consortium of investors.
- Subsequent management and restructuring of both hotels and a corporate sale of the group to Star Hotels.
- Sale of the Mitre Hotel, Hampton Court, for private investors.
- Acquisition and management of a bar and nightclub on King Street, Bristol, for private investors.
- Advising a high-end concept leisure operator on London acquisitions.
- Advising on a new hotel development in Borough, London.
- Acquisition and subsequent disposal of The Guardian Building, Farringdon Road, London, for development.
- Site assembly and sale of a residential development site to become The Waterfront, Shoreham-by-Sea.
- Development management, joint venture agreement and disposal of a lakeside development site at Theale, Berkshire, for a mixed-use scheme including 300+ residential units.
- Advising on cap ex office schemes to increase reversionary value.
- Advising on complex agreements for lease conditional on construction works and planning.
- Advising on an HQ office redevelopment on Pall Mall, London.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in The Legal 500 2021 for Commercial Property: Corporate Occupiers
Guy qualified as a solicitor in 1999. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, he worked at the following firms:
- Marriott Harrison