Henry is a solicitor whose areas of expertise include debt and corporate restructuring/turnaround, corporate refinancing and debt trading acting for bank and non-bank lenders, development finance institutions, bondholders, distressed investors, governments, state-owned entities and private/ public companies.
Henry’s specific focus is on restructuring and turnaround in emerging markets, particularly those occurring in Africa and Eastern Europe. He also has significant experience advising on the restructuring of airlines and on aircraft operating leases.
Henry has extensive experience in matters concerning complex cross-border restructuring transactions and has been a key advisor in major transactions across Europe, North and South America, as well as Australia and Africa.
- Restructuring & insolvency
- Debt and claims trading
- Banking and project finance
- Advised the Government of Cabo Verde and the national airline of Cabo Verde in relation to a debt resolution and liability. management, aircraft operating leases and the privatisation sale to Icelandair Group.
- Advised a lessor in relation to the recovery of aircraft in respect of the bankruptcy of Jet Airways in India and filing of claims.
- Advised Proparco in relation to the restructuring of Mumias Sugar Corporation in Kenya.
- Advised a syndicate of development finance institutions (Proparco, AFD, European Investment Bank, OeEB and FMO) in relation to Chase Bank Kenya.
- Advised a Japanese bankruptcy trustee in relation to the recognition of Japanese bankruptcy proceedings of MtGox (a bitcoin business) and the recovery of certain assets of MtGox in the UK.
- Advised a group of bondholders in relation to the restructuring of Pescanova, a Spanish fishing company with debt of €1 billion and assets in Europe, South America and Africa.
- Advised a Swedish hedge fund in relation to the restructuring of PA Resources AB, a Swedish oil and gas company with exploration assets in Tunisia, Congo, Guinea and the North Sea.
- Advised an ad hoc group of bondholders in the restructuring of Artumas, an oil and gas exploration company with assets in Tanzania and Mozambique.
- Advised the largest creditor in the restructuring of Homburg Invest Inc., a Canadian real estate company with €1.4 billion of senior and bond deb.
- Advised in relation to the restructuring of a telecom business in Nigeria.
- Advised a Canadian investor in relation to the purchase from PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc., in its capacity as receiver to the assets of Fletcher Leisure Group Inc.
- Advised a BVI liquidator of Westmoreland Estates Limited in relation to the recognition of the BVI liquidation proceedings in the UK.
- Advised an ad hoc group of holders of notes issued by A-TEC Industries AG, an Austrian company, in relation to the restructuring of the company.
- Advised the Official Creditors Committee in the bankruptcy proceedings of Lyondell Chemical Company, one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
- Advised a syndicate of second lien lenders in the restructuring and refinancing of €405 million debt of Schefenacker plc, a German car parts maker.
- Advised MBIA Assurance S.A., the largest creditor to Eurotunnel plc, in the restructuring of £6.2 billion in debt from Eurotunnel plc.
- Advised junior lenders in relation to the restructuring of Wind Hellas, a Greek telecom business.
- Advised numerous distressed investors in relation to debt trading in investments in UK, Germany, France, Spain, Iceland, Netherlands, Greece and the US.
- Advised a group of investors in relation to an auction and purchase of senior debt of the international bank of Azerbaijan.
- Advised a distressed investor in relation to the purchase of the senior debt of OJer Telecommunications, one of the biggest telecom companies in Turkey.
- Advised a distressed investor in relation to a debt to acquire strategy in respect of real estate loans for a portfolio of properties in the UK.
- Advised various clients in the purchase and sale of claims against the Lehman entities, guarantee claims including the filing of proofs of debt.
- Advised a UK/French investor in relation to an invoice financing platform in various countries, US$100 million revolving loan and variable funding note.
- Advised Sunfunder, a solar financing company, in relation to various solar transactions in Africa.
- Advised Lucid, a security agent, in relation to various financing transactions in Africa.
- Advised a Ghanaian company in relation to the financing of an oil storage facility.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Henry qualified as a solicitor in 2006. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, Henry worked at the following firms:
- Brown Rudnick
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft