Huguette is an Associate in the firm’s Insolvency and Restructuring team and advises on both contentious and non-contentious instructions.
Huguette advises on a wide range of stages and aspects of restructuring and insolvency including administrations (including pre-packaged sales), schemes, liquidations, voluntary arrangements and cross-border enforcement.
She is experienced in advising stakeholders on complex situations where companies are, or are likely to become, subject to insolvency proceedings, require contingency planning or are facing insolvency-related litigation.
Huguette trained at Keystone completing seats in: Litigation, Restructuring and Insolvency, Corporate and M&A.
- Advising on all insolvency processes and procedures including administration, liquidations, bankruptcy, schemes and enforcement.
- Acquiring and defending directors in relation to litigation
- Board advice
- Security reviews
- High Court claims, including appeals to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court
- Management of multi-jurisdictional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Partnership, shareholder and company disputes
- Administration of a premiership rugby club including advising its board of directors.
- Secondment to a banking-on-demand group undergoing a solvent restructure and advising on different restructure options and completing various share, business and asset purchases and sales, as well as company liquidations and dissolutions.
- Pre-packaged sale of a crypto mining company.
- Various debt purchases and sales.
- Defence of £1.5 billion claim brought by the Kingdom of Denmark in respect of dividend withholding tax payments.
- Norwich Pharmacal Orders against, English, Thai and Hong Kong respondents.
- Defence of commercial court proceedings involving worldwide freezing orders in excess of £100m.
- Acted for English claimants in their issue of a claim in the General Court, in an action in relation to a damages action under Article 340 TFEU against the EU institutions and support for hearing of the claim in the General Court.
- Acted in a successful judicial review of a decision by the FCA not to stay regulatory proceedings pending the outcome of a civil case establishing the legality of the underlying conduct.
Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, Huguette worked at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.