As a corporate and commercial lawyer, Ian advises small to medium-sized organisations on a wide variety of transactions, both domestically and internationally. He has particularly strong experience of working with companies in the media and entertainment sector.
Ian is currently Chairman of the Trustees of a company pension fund.
- Advertising and media contracts
- Assets sales and purchases
- Company and group restructuring
- MBO and MBI transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Shareholder and investment agreements
- Acted for the shareholders of a substantial stationers group in a merger to become the largest independent stationers in the UK
- Acted for the shareholders of the leading UK branding company in a sale to WPP
- Advised the US shareholders of one of the world’s leading motivation and incentive companies in its acquisition by a large UK group
- Acted for the management of an MBI in the acquisition of Channel Islands TV
- Advised a leading freight forwarding company in the oil and gas business on its reorganisation of the worldwide group in eight different jurisdictions
- Advised the Government of the Maldives including producing a report on the collapse of its international airline – Air Maldives
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in the Legal 500 2016
Ian qualified as a solicitor in 1973. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2012, he worked at the following firms:
- Constant & Constant