Isaac is a banking and finance lawyer who specialises in syndicated loans and various types of secured and unsecured transactions. His lending experience includes bilateral and syndicated lending with sovereigns (including Kenya, the Turkish Republic, Senegal, Togo and Ghana) and international organisations (including Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Asian Development Bank, European Investment Bank, Trade Development Bank and African Export-Import Bank).
Isaac’s clients also include financial institutions and corporate borrowers.
- Syndicated loans
- Secured and unsecured transactions
- Advised a wide range of financial institutions and corporate borrowers including ICBC, Standard Chartered Bank, Bank of America, Commerzbank, Standard Bank of South Africa, Wells Fargo, Emirates Bank, Bank Hapoalim, Leumi, Israel Chemicals Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Ltd., MUFG, SMBC, and Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
- Advised clients on the majority of Turkish FI loan agreements including Garanti abnkasi,, AK Bank, ISbank, Yapi Kredi Bankasi, Vakifbank, QNB Finansnabk, Denizbank, and Turk Eximbank.
- Advised ICBC as the documentary agent and a syndicate of banks on the US$1 billion syndicated term loan facility for The Standard Bank of South Africa for general corporate purposes.
- Advised Mashreqbank as the documentary agent and a syndicate of banks on a syndicated term loan facility for Saigon and Hanoi Bank for general corporate purposes.
- Advised Standard Chartered Bank as the documentary agent and a syndicate of banks on the syndicated term loan facility for Trade Development bank, the international economic organisation, for its general corporate purposes.
- Advised ICBC as the borrower on a syndicated term loan facility in excess of $750m, for general corporate purposes, with Wells Fargo as agent.
Recognised in The Legal 500 (2022-2023) for Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans
Recognised in The Legal 500 2022 for Emerging Markets
“Commercial and enthusiastic.” The Legal 500 2022
Isaac qualified as a solicitor in 1988. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2022, he worked at the following firms:
- Allen & Overy