A business minded lawyer with an MBA from Oxford University, Jaan is a corporate and commercial lawyer with a particular interest in entrepreneurial activity. He advises clients on their corporate structures as well as their ongoing day to day commercial activity.
Jaan is truly a pleasure to work with, his experience and expertise is wide and covers just about all the scenarios one could possibly throw at him. Producing, as he does, 'works of art' with words - he genuinely adds value where others may just go through the motions. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He clearly cares about delivering a result and will likely suggest 'that clause' you didn't even know you must have
Customer Happiness System
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on all types of commercial transactions involving capital, revenue, debt and equity, for private companies
- Advising on, negotiating and drafting commercial contracts for services and goods, including commodities
- Managing projects combining different legal and commercial disciplines in joint venture, partnership, agency, sale and franchise environments
- General counsel advice on an ad hoc basis for high growth companies
- Advising new media companies on growth and exit strategies including corporate structuring, commercial agreements and due diligence/sale processes
- Author of Westlaw Online Encyclopaedia, UK Insight, entries on Raising Share Capital and Preference Shares
- Developing IP rights exploitation strategy for combined online radio station, artist agency and online download store for unsigned music
- Structuring £100m auction process for the sale of new media company to UK and US bidders
- Development and launch of men’s lifestyle brand involving print media, online portal, online advertisers and commercial partnerships
- Liaison with global print and online media including The Daily Telegraph, BBC, Reuters and the Sydney Morning Herald
- Advising university spinouts on start-up, capital raising and IP exploitation issues
- Cross border advice on capital raising and set-up issues for property investment and other companies operating in various jurisdictions including US, Bermuda, Baltic States and Eastern Europe
- Advised university spinouts on start-ups, capital raising and IP exploitation issues
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by Legal 500 2018 for Commercial Contracts.
Jaan Larner is recognised by the Legal 500 2017.
Jaan qualified as a solicitor in 1997. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2007, he worked at the following firms:
- Berwin Leighton Paisner