Laura is a family lawyer advising individuals following the breakdown of relationships, particularly where the parties were not married.
Before moving into family and matrimonial law, Laura advised on property litigation for over 10 years covering a wide range of residential and commercial property matters. She uses this experience to advise clients on all aspects of TOLATA claims, property disputes between cohabitees and family members, disputes over the ownership and transfer of property rights as well as the protection of property rights following the breakdown of a relationship. She also advises on occupation orders and non-molestation orders between connected people.
Laura also uses her property background to assist clients with pre- and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements. Her litigation background means she has experience of using mediation and ADR to resolve disputes out of court.
With everybody's support and kind help I will be having a very happy xmas and a brilliant new year in my new home.
This is my heartfelt gratitude to you all for all your support.
Both you and the team have given me a new life.
Laura helped me navigate through this tricky period; she was quick to respond, reassure and explained things so I could understand them. Her solutions driven nature meant the process was relatively painless.
- TOLATA claims
- Relationship breakdown
- Property disputes
- Creation, ownership, transfer or protection of property rights
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Financial claims by parents for children
- Parenting issues involving child contact and residence
- Secured a possession order on a £1.2m property where there was a significant TOLATA dispute over beneficial ownership
- Advised on the issues involved with a TOLATA claim where there were a number of assets in the relationship both overseas and in the UK
- Drafted and successfully negotiated a number of cohabitation and pre-nuptial agreements involving substantial and potentially contentious assets
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Member of the Property Litigation Association
Laura qualified as a solicitor in 2006. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2013, she worked at the following firms:
- Davies Arnold Cooper