Laura is a family lawyer who advises on the various aspects of relationship breakdown, covering both financial claims and children arrangements arising out of separation and divorce.
Laura has experience of complicated financial proceedings where there are trust assets and corporate issues such as jointly owned companies. She also has experience of third-party interventions where the ownership of assets is disputed within divorce proceedings. She works closely with other professionals such as expert valuers and accountants.
Laura’s children and family work includes contested Children’s Act proceedings involving how much time children spend with each parent on separation, cases which involve social services, as well as domestic and international relocations. She also advises on obtaining occupation orders and non-molestation orders in Family Law Act proceedings. Laura works closely with other professionals such as family or child therapists, independent social workers and mediators.
Before moving into family and matrimonial law, Laura was a property litigator with over 10 years of experience. She uses this experience to advise clients on property disputes between cohabitees and family members as well as the protection of property rights following the breakdown of a relationship. Her litigation background means she has experience of using mediation and other forms of ADR to resolve disputes out of court.
Thank you for all your advice, patience, guidance and amazing expertise, I am very grateful.
With everybody's support and kind help I will be having a very happy xmas and a brilliant new year in my new home.
She has a calm, rational good sense approach. We couldn’t have been in better hands.
This is my heartfelt gratitude to you all for all your support.
Laura was absolutely epic.
Both you and the team have given me a new life.
Laura helped me navigate through this tricky period; she was quick to respond, reassure and explained things so I could understand them. Her solutions driven nature meant the process was relatively painless.
It was a very dark and uncertain time in my life and having lived that nightmare it made me realise having the right legal team makes a big difference and you provided this for me for.
Thank you for all your hard work and patience with my case! I have been always able to rely on you and I got all the support I needed.
Laura and her colleagues at Keystone made my divorce as stress free and smooth as they possibly could. I felt included in each step that was made with Laura clearly explaining everything without any legalese. Delays were only due to courts being closed and Laura dealt with everything so all I had to do was provide the information required and then check things over but Laura is so diligent in her role that nothing had to be amended at any stage. I very much appreciate the continuation of dealing with my case during Covid and this week I can draw a line under a chapter of my life and move forward.
I would not have been able to get to this point without your help, so am extremely grateful for all your input/advice/support over the past three years.
- Relationship breakdown
- Acting for third parties within divorce proceedings (e.g. other family members)
- Financial settlements
- Arrangements for children – including disputes over contact and living arrangements
- Applications for leave to remove children both domestically and internationally
- Variation and enforcement of existing orders, both financial and children-related
- Specific Issues and Prohibited Steps Applications
- Cases involving domestic violence
- Property disputes
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Acted for a wife whose husband had a multimillion-pound shareholding in a private family company, successfully securing an order that she be entitled to a lifetime share of the value of any payments to the husband from that shareholding.
- Acted for a mother in contested Children Act and Family Law Act proceedings with issues of controlling behaviour and emotional, verbal and physical abuse.
- Acted for a mother in respect of a domestic relocation with the parties’ son, successfully securing a relocation at final hearing.
- Acted on a number of financial settlements in high-value divorce cases, securing favourable outcomes.
- Acted for a father in contested Children Act proceedings and defending a domestic relocation proposed by the mother.
- Successfully defended a number of third-party interventions by family members in financial remedy proceedings.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Member of the Property Litigation Association
Laura qualified as a solicitor in 2006. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2013, she worked at the following firms:
- Davies Arnold Cooper