Lisa is an experienced healthcare lawyer who has been protecting the legal and reputational interests of doctors, nurses, private hospitals/clinics, pharmaceutical and insurance companies for over 20 years.
Throughout her career, Lisa has handled many high-value and multi-defendant claims including claims for meningitis, cauda equina, cerebral palsy and blindness. She also has extensive experience in advising in regulatory cases before the medical regulators, inquests, and medical-related criminal matters (including manslaughter).
Lisa became dual-qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2010 and also sits as Deputy District Judge. She also regularly provides healthcare training on medical issues and expert witness training, including report writing and cross-examination.
Hardworking, energetic, committed and meticulous.
The Legal 500 2019
Lisa is a first-class lawyer and an exceptional litigator: astute, tactically sound, creative in her analysis of her own client's case and in the deconstruction of her opponent's, with excellent judgment, an eye for detail and a formidable negotiator. Lisa excels, will add considerable value to any team and I highly recommend her.
Gerry Boyle QC
An incisive, razor-sharp brain coupled with relentless energy led to continually impressive outcomes.
Nigel Taylor, insurance client
- Civil claims
- Contractual and insurance disputes
- Criminal investigations
- Tribunal prosecutions
- Negotiation skills
- Reputational affairs
- Risk management
- Achieving safety standards in healthcare
- Handled several high-value claims including wrongful birth (disabled child born to disabled parents), stroke in a trainee solicitor, blindness following Stevens Johnson Syndrome, and various suicide cases.
- Advised on clinical negligence claims, regulatory (General Medical Council, General Dental Council), inquests (mainly baby deaths), and criminal such as sexual assault and manslaughter (21-year-old died following cosmetic surgery).
- Handled litigation for drug trials (group actions) and pharmaceutical registration/regulation.
- Assisted in group litigation for medical implants.
Lisa qualified as a solicitor in 2004. Prior to joining Keystone Law, she worked at the following firms:
- Hill Dickinson
- Reed Smith (Hong Kong)