Lisa is a specialist retail and leisure property solicitor with a particular focus on the restaurant sector. Her clients range from nationwide established brands to beginners in the industry spanning the sectors of fine dining, food to go, patisseries, fun eating chains and sandwich bars.
Lisa assists with all areas of the sector from the development and letting of multi-use leisure parks to the buying and selling of restaurants and leisure property, eases, licences, assignments and management issues. Alongside her main area of leisure property specialism, Lisa maintains a practice of general commercial property work for Landlord clients as well as a practice in advising developers on residential property development particularly relating to mixed use developments and the appropriate lease structures post occupancy. She also has a small practice of residential property work for high net worth individuals.
Chopstix rely heavily on our lawyers to maintain this momentum, specifically Lisa Raymond at Keystone Law, whom we have been working with for the past 20 years; prior to Chopstix and much more so in the last 10 years. Lisa offers invaluable support with her years of experience with large institutions and corporate landlords. She understands our requirements and continues to support and challenge our needs through acquisitions with all our landlords. Her work is always thorough and commercial but she is also able to work to the timescales required and frequently burns the midnight oil when necessary to get us over the line with certain deals. I would highly recommend Lisa Raymond as our lawyer of choice to any restaurant group or retailer in the sector.
Menashe Sadik, Founding Partner & Director
I cannot find appropriate words to describe our feelings and appreciation to you. You have got us out of many problems and brought stability and joy to our lives due to your professionalism, enthusiasm and dedication to your job, you are worth your weight in gold.
- Acted for national brand tenant (Chopstix) in roll out of over 90 restaurant acquisitions in Central London and major shopping centres and high street locations nationwide. Also advised on the purchase of 5 The Wok restaurants, some of which were overseas. Experience includes lease structuring, rent and rent review advice, rights of pre-emption and break options
- Acted on a lease renewal for a 4 floor Private Members Club on Kings Road at a rent of £330k per annum
- Acted on the sale of two nightclubs in Central London – an iconic Strip Club for £4.5m and a famous club which dates back to the 1950s for £5.3m
- Acted for two property developers on a residential property development for 15 flats
- Acted for portfolio of other restaurants/cafes/leisure operators including advice on making first acquisition, licensing, service charges, lease acquisitions, lease renewals and landlord and tenant matters
- Acted for British Land plc in purchase, development and letting of two Retail Parks including negotiation of purchase, funding and forward letting documents and detailed implementation and drafting of restrictive and non-competition covenants, Option Agreements and Conditional Contracts
- Acted on nationwide acquisitions by Mark One plc of over 40 shops nationwide from high street stores to shopping centres
- Acted on purchase, development and forward leasing of sites for British Land plc to Tesco and J Sainsbury plc
- Acted for Marks and Spencer plc in lease renewals, management work and sales
- Acted for Criterion Capital/Golfrate in landlord and tenant advice on flagship buildings including the Trocadero and sales and lettings
- Acted for property partnership in build up of property portfolio including acquisition work by Auction and private treaty
- Acted for overseas investor with several flagship UK properties including lease renewals, management and sales
- Acted for portfolio of small and medium sized property companies, private individuals and owner occupiers in acquisition, management and sale of commercial property and landlord and tenant matters
- Acted for British Land plc in purchases, lettings and sales of trophy buildings and developments
- Acted for Criterion Capital/Golfrate in management, lease renewals and investment work
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Lisa Raymond is recognised by the Legal 500 2017
Lisa qualified as a solicitor in 1993. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2009, she worked at the following firms:
- Davies Arnold Cooper
- SJ Berwin
- Allen & Overy