Mark is an experienced employment solicitor with a career spanning more than 20 years, during which he has gained a wealth of experience working at both international and niche law firms. Mark’s client base consists of employers and senior, often director-level, employees across a broad spectrum of sectors – such the banking, property, legal, pharmaceutical, insurance, retail, and public sectors, including the NHS and local government.
Mark is also an accredited Employment and Workplace Mediator and has been involved in a number of high-level mediations, including with a major international food retailer. Such mediations very often result in a binding mediation agreement, involving continuing employment or an agreed exit.
Since 2014 Mark has sat as an Independent Member of the Metropolitan Police Misconduct Panel.
- Advising senior executives on disputes/terminations
- Termination negotiations for employees including settlement agreements
- Advising employers on disputes with senior managers and at board level
- Restrictive covenant disputes
- Employment contracts and policies
- Workplace disciplinary procedures and grievances
- Reorganisations and redundancy schemes
- Employment-related litigation
- Advising the CEO of an NHS Trust in protracted internal action against the Trust Chairman and Board resulting in a renewed contract
- Acting for the CEO of a leading international charity in the international healthcare field resulting in a significant settlement and a successful move to another leading charity
- Advising a leading procurement specialist in recruiting a senior manager from a competitor including successfully defending alleged breaches of restrictive covenants
- Acting for a founding member of an international insurance company in a boardroom termination dispute with associated shareholding and whistleblowing claims
- Acting as Employment Mediator in a dispute between a leading food retailer and senior director and resolving a long-standing and damaging dispute and avoiding litigation
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Mark qualified as a solicitor in 1991. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2015, he worked at the following firms:
- DMH Stallard
- Doyle Clayton