An experienced intellectual property and information technology solicitor, Maureen works across a wide variety of sectors including life sciences, information technology and education. She specialises in facilitating knowledge transfer between research organisations and industry. In addition to her experience in private practice, Maureen spent three years in-house with Cancer Research Technology. Having been a member of the PraxisAuril training committee for 10 years, she continues to provide training on PraxisAuril’s knowledge transfer courses. Maureen is a Registered Technology Transfer Professional and a member of the Society for Computers and Law.
We appointed Maureen to look after our UK contract work and she has become an invaluable extension of our team. She has taken the trouble to understand our business and our technology, and as a result now negotiates all contracts directly with our client’s legal reps.
Chief Executive, Decibel Insight
We are delighted with the advice and guidance that Maureen has provided MCS. She very quickly gained a thorough understanding of the work we required, thought around the issues we were facing and was extremely thorough and efficient in the delivery of our contract.
Director of Finance & Resources and Company Secretary, Marine Conservation Society
Maureen Kelly has demonstrated a deep understanding of the needs, and context of operations, of Cancer Research UK in its translational research and life sciences focused partnering activities
Head of Legal, Cancer Research Technology
- Technology licensing and assignment
- Research collaboration
- Software development and exploitation
- Supply of goods and services B2B
- Settlement agreements: commercial disputes
- IP strategy
- Data protection
- Advising a biotechnology company on the licensing of its patent-protected technology in Japan
- Advising a leading firm of London patent attorneys on a patent licence taking into account the complex history of the parties
- Acting for a leading London university on IP commercialisation with IP Group plc
- Acting for Absynth Biologics on research collaboration agreement with Morphosys AG relating to Staphylococcus aureus infections including MRSA
- Acting for Decibel Insight on the SaaS licensing of its web optimisation software
- Acting for King’s College London on the negotiation of an agreement with GlaxoSmithKline to provide anti-doping testing for London 2012 Olympics
- Advising on numerous high value patent litigation settlements
- Advising a leading Portuguese research body on its commercialisation strategy
- Advising a UK research institute upon intellectual property rights in a database of text messages
- Developing for the Medical Research Council a suite of research agreement model forms with accompanying guidance notes
- Advising a leading academic upon the deposit of research materials with the British Library
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Maureen qualified as a solicitor in 1995. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2009, she worked at the following firms:
- Cancer Research Technology Limited
- Herbert Smith