Philip advises high net worth individuals and overseas clients, banks and trust companies, both on-shore and off-shore, on the acquisition and sale of heritage properties, landed estates together with all related tax, funding, trust and probate matters.
- Acting for high-net-worth individuals and for trusts and companies, both on-shore and off-shore
- The sale and purchase, leasing and letting of high-value residential properties
- The sale and purchase of high-value agricultural estates and farming businesses
- Acting for foreign banks in connection with mortgages and loan security
- Preparation of documentation in connection with the sale of substantial residential developments
- Provision of specialist advice for non-UK domiciled and/or non-UK resident clients to ensure their property purchases are effected with a tax efficient structure
- Acting for both lender and borrower in connection with mortgages and other loan facilities
- Leasehold enfranchisement and extension
- Acted for a US billionaire and substantial fund manager/owner on the sale of a substantial and prestigious flat in London.
- Advised on the sale and remortgage of residential property portfolio involving the sale of one property and the taking up of second mortgage on the remaining four properties.
- Sale of ‘country estate’ comprising main house gardens and tennis court including the stable yard with flat and bungalow, two further cottages and some 250 acres of farmland and woodland at a price in excess of £6,500,000.00
- Sale of a particularly prestigious flat located in Belgravia for over £20 million
- Sale of a substantial SW10 home in excess of over £14 million
- Purchase of a freehold interest in substantial Grosvenor Estate house pursuant to the Leasehold Reform Act and subsequent charge
- Purchase of a new build flat in Holland Park at a price in excess of £5 million
- Purchase of prestige residential properties both freehold and leasehold in central London – £25 to £50 million with appropriate structuring requirements
- Sale of Belgravia property in excess of £60 million
- Sale of prime London property for £45 million
- Purchase of property in 1 Hyde Park with appropriate financing and structuring
- Purchase of 600 acre agricultural estate
- Purchase of 300 acre Sussex estate
- Numerous other high value property transactions with suitable structuring
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in the 2014 edition of Super Lawyers for all aspects of residential property work including sale and purchase of high value properties for high net worth individuals both on and off shore
Philip is “outstanding” and has “attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement” Super Lawyers (2013)
Philip is ‘ranked as a “Notable Practitioner” and described as “a private client lawyer who advises on issues affecting heritage properties and landed estates” Chambers UK (2012/2013)
Philip is “respected for his work on estate conveyancing and property transaction” and described as “bright, organised and a pleasure to work with” Chambers UK (2011/2012)
Philip is “an excellent and responsive communicator who always delivers” and “recommended for client service” Chambers UK (2010/2011)
Philip qualified as a solicitor in 1970. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2011, he worked at the following firms:
- Speechly Bircham
- Boodle Hatfield