Rachel is a regulatory and compliance law specialist with more than 20 years’ experience. She is an experienced adviser to financial services companies, having held a number of in-house roles, but also often advises businesses in the asset management and insurance sectors.
Rachel’s expertise includes regulatory horizon scanning, corporate governance, asset management, insurance and sovereign wealth funds.
- Regulatory law
- Corporate governance
- Asset management
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Creating and distributing funds
- Pension funds
- As GC, managed the legal and compliance issues in PineBridge Asset Management which at that time was regulated in 28 countries and provided investment advice and marketed its products and services to clients around the world.
- Advised on sovereign wealth fund structures, needs and challenges including sovereign immunity.
- Advised on pension funds, sovereigns and insurance companies: structures and regulatory challenges including trust structures, solvency and regulatory capital issues.
- Advised on legal and compliance outsourcing agreements.
- Advised on risk, in particular operational risk, and operational design understanding.
- Reviewed and approved all significant regulatory and compliance filings by ADIA globally, including work on ECB, DNB and BaFIN filings with personal integrity screening for Investment Committee members (UAE nationals).
- Advised on offshore fund structuring, offshore regulatory issues including AML, Economic Substance and UBO issues.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Rachel qualified as a solicitor in 1997. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2022, she worked at the following global firms:
- Jones Day
More recently Rachel held a number of in-house roles, at the following:
- AIG Investments
- PineBridge Investments
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
Having spent over 8 years in the UAE, Rachel now lives and works in Jersey in the Channel Islands.