Family lawyer Ruth is a specialist adviser to individuals and couples going through a divorce, helping to resolve any disputes involving finances or children. In addition to assisting married couples, she also works with unmarried couples going through similar issues.
Ruth deals with complex family law matters, many of which have an international element, such as advising on forum disputes in divorce proceedings, international relocation of children, and obtaining and enforcing worldwide freezing orders in financial cases.
Her clients include doctors, lawyers, bankers, accountants and other business professionals, entrepreneurs, athletes, and celebrities in the public eye or their partners.
Ruth is an absolutely superb lawyer. She handled what was at times a very tricky situation with great poise and skill, fantastic legal insight and exceptional negotiating expertise. She knew the right times to stand firm and when to adopt a degree of greater flexibility in order to optimise the outcome. She has a natural confidence and authority that is great to have on your side. Ruth skilfully navigated past numerous challenges and achieved a superb outcome for me.
London professional in a Finance & Children matter
- Negotiating financial settlements in relation to domestic and worldwide assets
- Enforcement and variation of financial settlements
- Resolving child arrangements and specific issue disputes involving children
- Internal and international relocation of children
- Prevented the removal of children to foreign jurisdictions including South Africa and the USA.
- Successfully obtained equal shared care for a father in highly contested child arrangement proceedings.
- Enforced contact on behalf of the father of a severely autistic child.
- Obtained a worldwide freezing order on behalf of a wife where husband was threatening the imminent disposal of assets.
- Enforced a complicated financial settlement involving the sale of a multimillion-pound company.
- Successfully obtained financial transparency on behalf of clients where their spouses sought to withhold disclosure or obscure assets.
- Successfully obtained court orders for interim financial support of clients during financial remedy proceedings and costs orders in relation to interim applications.
- Successful personal representation of clients to achieve consensual settlements at roundtable meetings.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Family
“Strong across the board team. Working with other disciplines makes them strong. Susan Apthorp is focused and determined. Ruth Abrams is very experienced”. The Legal 500 2022
Recognised as a Next Generation Partner by The Legal 500 2022 for Family
Recognised in the Spear’s 2021 Family Law Index as a Recommended Lawyer
Recognised in Spear’s 500 2021 as a Recommended Family Lawyer
Recognised as a Next Generation Lawyer in The Legal 500 2021 for Family (Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middlesex)
Recognised as a Next Generation Partner in Legal 500 2020
“Clients single out Partner Ruth Abrams for her sage and strategic advice.” The Legal 500 2020
Ruth qualified as a solicitor in 1999. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she worked at the following firms:
- SA Law
- Mishcon de Reya
- Royds Withy King