Sal is a property lawyer with a broad range of expertise in advising on both residential and commercial property matters. Acting primarily for property dealers, he has extensive experience in investment, development, landlord and tenant, and secured lending work spanning commercial, residential and mixed-use properties. Sal regularly advises on portfolio acquisitions and break-ups and has a particular specialism in sub-sales, back-to-back transactions and advice on the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987. He also advises on enfranchisement.
- Site assembly and subsequent disposal of both residential and commercial development
- Conditional agreements and options
- Freehold and leasehold sales and purchases
- New leases, agreements for lease, lease renewals and licences
- Secured lending
- Landlord and tenant
- Acquisition of parade and offices in Central and Greater London, including dealing with the finance and sales, where the client carried out a 40-unit residential scheme. Work included off-plan plot sales (including Help to Buy Scheme), and the breakup of long lease investments of commercial parts, and sale of part car park for future development with the benefit of planning.
- Acquisition of mixed residential and commercial site in the Home Counties and regularisation of existing commercial leases to enable investment sale of commercial units on 999 lease terms and the sale of residential units, the refinance of entire site and eventual sale by way of Section 5 Notices.
- Acquisition and sub-sale of mixed residential and commercial parade. Acquired and sold within 5-working-day time frame resulting in a substantial turning.
- Acted on behalf of ground rent freehold investor in respect of its acquisition and re-finance of 7,000 leasehold units, in relation to property management (lease extensions and enfranchisement), acquisition of further ground rent portfolios.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Sal qualified as a solicitor in 1995. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, he worked at the following firms:
- Cubism Law