Sharmila is a specialist UK immigration and nationality lawyer with more than 25 years’ experience in the field, working with senior executives, finance houses and multinational companies. She has particular experience in Tier 2 licence, compliance and global mobility issues.
Sharmila works extensively with international family offices and prominent individuals from around the globe, helping them make the UK their home.
Sharmila represents a number of business sectors at Home Office forums and committees working to shape government policy and UKVI procedures.
In my opinion Sharmila’s performance and ability during this time has been exemplary. She is a first-rate immigration lawyer. Very practical, extremely knowledgeable and an excellent problem solver. She has a knack for making the impossible, possible which is exactly what you need sometimes when tackling the growing complexities of the immigration system.
CEO, Tech company
- Tier 2 sponsor licence, employer compliance and governance
- International executive mobility
- Tier 1 Investor and Global Talent matters
- UK Family settlement
- EU immigration status, including naturalisation
- Applications for UK citizenship
- Succeeded in an application to the Home Office for the Tier 2 CEO of an international bank in circumstances which would otherwise have left him waiting for permanent residence for a further three years
- Delivered a series of Brexit-related talks to an internationally renowned UK university for its 900 EU staff
- Assisted a large Middle Eastern family office with immigration applications, enabling family members to exceptionally switch status within the UK, bypassing the need for them to apply overseas at a time when it was dangerous to return to their home country
- Successfully unravelled an out-of-status entrepreneur in circumstances which had left her unable to travel to compete as an international Olympian
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Chair and Member, Law Society of England and Wales, National Immigration Law Committee
Shortlist judge, Women of the Future Awards, UK and South East Asia
Sharmila Mehta is a superstar in the immigration field, with more than 22 years’ experience in corporate and private immigration law. The Spear’s 500 2018
She has ‘significant authority’ in handling highly sensitive cases around the world, including in Russia and the Middle East.
The Spear’s 500 2018
Sharmila qualified as a solicitor in 1992. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she worked at the following firms:
- Farrer & Co
- Glenisters Solicitors