Shayne is an experienced property lawyer and undertakes a wide range of commercial property work with particular expertise in dealing with retail, occupational and investment work, sales and purchases, landlord and tenant issues and development work. He also acts on property aspects of corporate transactions.
- Freehold and leasehold transactions
- Property investment and estatemanagement
- Secured lending
- Acquisitions and disposals (mainlydeveloper-led) of land frequently designated for urban regeneration
- Disposals of developed parts toregistered social landlords in satisfaction of planning obligations
- Section 106 agreements
- Joint ventures, options, clawbackand overage agreements
- Collateral and environmentalwarranties
- Acted for a major UK house builder in respect of the acquisition and redevelopment of the historic but contaminated Royal Arsenal Woolwich site (approx. redeveloped value £250m)with key issues relating to title, overage, planning, environmental and extensive planning obligations
- Acted for a developer of a 20-acre river-front brownfield site in Gillingham, Kent, designated for mixed-use development (approx. redeveloped value £200m) with key issues including dealing with risks associated with soil contamination and significant affordable housing demands of LPA
- Advised a developer in respect of the acquisition of a multi-let 25,000sqf office building intended for mixed-use redevelopment including dealing with title issues and securing of eventual vacant possession
- Advised the Home Office in respec tof the property elements of an outsourcing project to secure three major new centres of accommodation
- Acted for a major UK lender in connection with its facility agreement to the UK’s largest care provide rfor the acquisition of several existing and potential nursing home and residential care facilities
- Acted for a national high-streetc osmetics retailer in connection with its major store expansion across the UK
- Acted on the property aspects of a 35-unit distressed care-home portfolio
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Shayne Foley is recognised by the Legal 500 2017.
“Clients single out Shayne Foley for his ‘commercial understanding'” Legal 500 2014
Shayne qualified as a solicitor in 1998. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2005, he worked at the following firms:
- Pinsent Masons
- Park Nelson