Susana Lajusticia is a dual-qualified and bilingual solicitor and Spanish lawyer who also holds a Master Degree in International Law. She advises clients on cross-border matters, specialising in legal issues related to Spanish property transactions including property purchases and sales in Spain, transfers of Spanish property on divorce, and Spanish probate matters. Susana also provides Spanish inheritance and succession advice and has experience in drafting and dealing with Spanish wills and bilingual powers of attorney, affidavits and certificates of law.
Susana regularly presents seminars on the topic of Spanish property law and has had articles published by various overseas property publications.
- Spanish property purchases and sales
- Ownership structures: corporate /individual: SL/LTD companies
- Transfers of Spanish property on divorce
- Cross-border estates
- Wills and tax planning
- Spanish inheritance advice and tax
- Spanish succession laws
- Powers of attorney
- Probate matters/administration of Spanish estates
- Court of protection issues for clients with interests in Spain
- Affidavits/certificates of law
- National identity numbers (NIE)
- Advising a high-net-worth client with a complex property ownership structure and re-structuring into a more efficient structure.
- Advising and dealing with a complex and high-net-worth individual’s estate which included a trust structure and successfully administering the Spanish estate.
- Preparation of an affidavit required by the Spanish Land Registry in order to approve the registration of a new title which had been previously rejected.
- Securing a purchase for a client after successful negotiations with the vendor’s lender to agree a reduction in the outstanding mortgage.
- Dealing with a complex purchase where the vendor had a Restriction Order.
- Successfully enforcing the Spanish Forced Heirship rules in a complex and potentially litigious estate administration to protect the interests of a British national minor.
- Administering a complex estate where the deceased had inadvertently revoked a former Spanish will.
- Recovery of funds for a client whose property was not completed within the contractual timescale.
- Successful negotiation, rescission of a contract and recovery of funds for an elderly couple from a property developer following a complex scenario where their daughter had entered into a binding contract and had subsequently passed away.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Susana qualified as a solicitor in Spain in 2003 and in 2006 in England and Wales. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2015, she worked at the following firms:
- Slater and Gordon