Tracey is a private client solicitor with considerable expertise in advising individuals, trustees and family offices on estate, succession and tax planning for both UK and non-UK resident individuals. Tracey has considerable international and domestic private client experience and regularly deals with overseas advisers to assist with estate planning and trust structures in overseas jurisdictions.
Tracey advises on domicile and residency matters and international cross-border estates and wealth preservation structures. She advises beneficiaries and trustees on both trust and tax issues for onshore and offshore trust structures. She also has particular expertise in issues relating to copyright issues arising from estates of composers/writers and lifetime trusts, having advised musicians, writers and artists.
Tracey also advises on trusts, wills, lasting powers of attorney, Court of Protection matters, and trusts for vulnerable and disabled persons.
Tracey’s practice has a particular focus on advising on charitable matters for either UK families or non-UK families. She advises on the most appropriate charitable vehicle through to establishment and ongoing compliance matters.
Tracey has the ATT tax qualifications in addition to being a qualified solicitor.
- International cross-border estates and trusts
- Residence and domicile issues for UK resident and non-resident individuals
- Estate and succession planning
- Wills and lasting powers of attorney
- Court of Protection matters
- Trusts for vulnerable individuals
- High-net-worth family office
- Family succession issues
- UK and international probate
- Advising on appropriate charitable vehicle
- Charitable law for individuals, trustees and institutions
- Setting up charities
- Charity registrations
- Charity mergers
- Charity governance
- Charity investigations
- Liaison with the Charity Commission
- Charity disputes
- Winding up of charitable trusts and companies
- Compliance for charity trustees of faith schools
- Executors of charitable trusts
- Advice on estate planning/succession issues regarding copyright
- IP issues arising under estates of musicians and artists
- Advising German/UK couple on wills and estate planning
- Advising German family on residency rules to ensure visits to the UK and connections to the UK do not trigger UK residency
- Advising trustees of offshore trust in relation to German and UK beneficiaries
- Advising German nationals on how best to structure purchase of UK residential property
- Administering cross border estate of German deceased and liaising with German local advisers as necessary.
- Advised an Israeli family office on succession issues in the UK and in liaison with Israeli advisers.
- Set up a family office structure for a Malaysian family in four jurisdictions.
- Advised on a Cayman STAR trust structure for a Dubai-based family.
- Advised on residence and domicile issues for HNWIs.
- Advised a leading UK family office regarding succession and estate planning issues and tax reliefs, in particular advising on heritage assets and the relevant reliefs.
- Advised beneficiaries of English law trust in several jurisdictions settled by composer/actor in lifetime/implications of winding up/unborn beneficiaries. Negotiated with trustees.
- Advised on trust issues for property in a country estate held by non-domiciliaries in the UK.
- Advised trustees of Liechtenstein Anstalt and liaised with accountants re disclosure requirements.
- Acted in the application for deputyships at the Court of Protection for both property and financial affairs and health and welfare for severely autistic adults.
- Advised a family on UK and coordinating Sharia law advice in relation to a worldwide restructuring of assets held in Dubai prior to return to the UK.
- Advising on and drafting wills for international families and liaison with advisers in overseas jurisdictions (in particular, EU/UK families and UK/US families).
- Advised on International private law issues in relation to wills and probate.
- Advised on and establishing trusts – onshore and offshore.
- Advised charitable schools.
- Advised on the governing documents of charities and changing to charitable incorporated organisations.
- Advised on the merger options of two family charities.
- Advised on the winding up and establishment of a new charitable foundation.
- Advised on the transfer of assets from one charity to another for a leading charity.
- Acted in the administration of a large estate of a leading musician with complex business property relief and US tax issues together with French and Spanish issues regarding a minor inheriting real estate in France and Spain.
- Advised beneficiaries of a trust in several jurisdictions settled by a leading composer/actor.
- Drafted complex UK (and liaison with overseas advisors) and overseas wills for musician with complex royalties and copyright issues both in the UK and worldwide.
- Drafted wills considering the devolution of copyrights and royalties worldwide.
- Acted in the establishment of a UK trust for an artist.
- Advised on agricultural property relief and estate planning in general for farming clients.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Tracey qualified as a solicitor in 2005. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, she worked at the following firms:
- Portrait Solicitors
- Taylor Wessing
- SJ Berwin