Anne Marie is an experienced solicitor specialising in healthcare regulation and fitness to practise cases, with significant experience in acting for healthcare and other regulators in respect of professional disciplinary investigations, including on behalf of the Health and Care Professions Council, the General Dental Council, the Nursing and Midwifery Council, the General Pharmaceutical Council, the Teacher Regulation Agency, and the General Chiropractic Council.
Anne Marie also has particular expertise in acting on regulatory cases both in the First-tier Tribunal and the High Court, as well as advising and supporting clients in relation to inquest proceedings, CQC enforcement, safeguarding and a variety of other regulatory issues.
In addition, Anne Marie has niche expertise in healthcare contractual disputes and performers list cases, including advising in respect of the performance management of healthcare professionals, commercial contracts, and NHS dispute resolution proceedings.
I want to express my heartfelt thanks to you for the support and representation you have provided me over my FTP case. The way you have dealt with me has been incredibly compassionate and understanding. You are an invaluable ally to any registrant who finds themselves having to answer to a regulator and I can’t express how grateful I am to you for everything you have done for me.
A paramedic represented before the HCPC
- Fitness to practise
- Performers Lists
- Local authority safeguarding investigations
- Care Quality Commission
- Professional disciplinary investigations
- Healthcare contractual disputes
- Safeguarding Adult Review dispute resolution
- Successfully conducted fitness to practise investigations on behalf of the GDC, NMC, GCC, HCPC and GPHC involving complex clinical conduct, deficient professional performance, health, fraud, and dishonesty issues.
- Advised regulatory bodies and NHS England on procedure and published guidance.
- Successfully challenged CQC ratings and factually inaccurate draft Inspection Reports, including securing the reversal of a ‘requires improvement’ rating to an overall ‘good’ rating.
- Advised and supported clients in respect of inquest processes, including preparation of the client’s case.
- Advised and supported provider clients in relation to Local Authority Safeguarding investigations and Safeguarding Adults Reviews.
- Advised and represented provider clients in relation to a high profile CQC Prosecution.
- Successfully secured the withdrawal of CQC from two First-tier Tribunal appeals made by two registered adult social care providers, preventing the closure of the care establishments.
- Successfully acted for NHS England in respect of a doctor’s appeal against removal from the Performers List in the First-tier Tribunal.
Member of the Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers.
Anne Marie qualified as a solicitor in 2009. Prior to joining Keystone Law in May 2023, she worked at the following firms:
- Healthcare Counsel Ltd
- Capsticks Solicitors LLP