Chris advises property investors, housebuilders, strategic land professionals, property traders and property occupiers. He has worked with a wide range of clients, from small independent property companies to multinational listed corporations.
For housebuilders and developers, Chris deals with option agreements, conditional contracts and planning agreements. He has particular experience working with small and medium-sized developers on deals with larger, more established landowners.
For property investors, Chris deals with purchases, sales, asset management and assists with property strategy. Chris has worked with a wide range of investor clients, from large listed regeneration specialists to small pension scheme investors.
For occupiers, Chris handles the acquisitions of leases, freehold purchases, and disposals, and assists with property strategy. He has worked across numerous sectors but has particular experience in the insurance, aviation and consumer electronics sectors. Chris is equally comfortable advising household names and small, single-site occupiers.
- Investment acquisitions and disposals
- Asset management
- Property development
- Land promotion
- Landlord and tenant
- Advised The Milton Group on its £125m portfolio of mixed commercial property for the past 10 years, including several eight-figure portfolio sales and purchases.
- Led a team of lawyers who advised Peer Holdings on its £80m refinance of its property portfolio.
- Advised Classicus Estates Limited on the acquisition, promotion, refinance and development of a former Peugeot garage in central Maidstone.
- Advised Newforge Holdings Limited on the acquisition of two Central London office buildings.
- Advised Esquire Developments Ltd on a prestigious development opportunity with the Duke of Norfolk’s estate in Arundel, West Sussex.
- Advised Canon Europe Limited on the acquisition of a new south-east headquarters for the Canon business.
- Advised the Markerstudy Group on its various property interests for the past 10 years. This has included the sale and purchase of aircraft hangers, office buildings, industrial buildings and leisure sites.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Chris qualified as a solicitor in 2007. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2022, he worked at:
- ASB Law
- Thomson Snell and Passmore