Rachel is an experienced solicitor and accredited mediator specialising in family law. She advises on all elements of relationship breakdown including divorce, separation and the associated financial and child arrangements.
Rachel deals with complex financial disputes between couples where there are mid- to high-value assets involved. She is also skilled at dealing with disputes relating to children both within and outside of the court process. She has had success in the High Court particularly with applications to remove children from this jurisdiction.
As well as her work as a solicitor, Rachel also has a well-established mediation practice and holds accredited status with the Family Mediation Council. She has mediated high-conflict and complex financial and children cases. Rachel deeply believes in the benefits of dealing with family disputes in this way where possible.
Co-creator of her own modern family, Rachel has a specialism in advising LGBTQ+ clients on relationship breakdown and on the legal implications of modern family building with the use of donors or surrogates.
- Family law
- Financial disputes between couples
- Private law children disputes
- Jurisdictional disputes
- Divorce and separation
- Pre-nuptial agreements
- Fertility law
- Instructed by a wealthy soon-to-be wife in relation to a pre-nuptial agreement. The financial strength was on the wife’s family’s side of circa £40m.
- Acted for a husband who was an investment banker where the assets were of significant value, he earned a high income and there were complex business structures to consider.
- Acted for a wife in heavily contested proceedings covering both financial and children arrangements, enforcement and on appeal.
- Acted for a husband whose company was international and of high value.
- Acted for a well-known and high-profile person in the media and taking steps to ensure no information was leaked to the press.
- Acted for a number of clients from within the medical and legal professions.
- Acted for a father in heavily contested children proceedings where the wife had mental health difficulties.
- Successfully represented a father in a case where the mother had significant alcohol and drug addiction issues.
- Successfully represented a mother with regard to a heavily contested application for leave to remove a child from the jurisdiction in the High Court.
- Represented a mother where allegations of physical abuse were made.
- Advised a fertility clinic on their patient information documents, internal consent forms and operating procedures relating to surrogacy patients.
- Advised a single woman as to using a known donor versus unknown donor and negotiated and drafted a pre-conception agreement.
- Advised same-sex couples as to implications of fertility treatment and use of donor sperm including on the impact of conception at a clinic abroad.
- Mediated to a successful conclusion both complex financial and children arrangements. The husband and wife had considerable assets and special care was required to meet some specific needs of the wife.
- Mediated to a successful conclusion both financial and children arrangements for an unmarried couple who had a substantial property portfolio.
- Supported discussions between the parents of a child whose parental alliance had broken down. Successfully re-established the lines of communication and worked with the couple to address concerns about the introduction of new partners to the child.
- Mediated to a successful conclusion a high-conflict case regarding arrangements for the children. The parents’ relationship had deteriorated considerably over a period of time and they were not talking at all when we first met.
- Mediated to a successful conclusion both financial and children arrangements where the husband and wife were at different stages of acceptance that the marriage had come to an end.
- Mediated for a couple who were going through financial remedy proceedings. Financial arrangements included consideration of assets held outside of the jurisdiction.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 for Family (2022-2024)
“Rachel Lemon is a standout partner who is excellent with clients. Empathetic, thorough and always goes the extra mile for them. Always thinks out the box and is totally on top of her cases and the detail.” The Legal 500 2024
“Rachel Lemon is so attentive to clients and very experienced. She goes the extra mile, has full oversight of the client file and builds very strong relationships.” The Legal 500 2024
“Super firm, great team with client care as top priority! Rachel Lemon – a real stand out. Super sensible, amazing client handling and will fight the fight when need be. A real pleasure to work with too.” The Legal 500 2023
“Rachel Lemon is a wonderful solicitor to work with. She is thorough, engaging and easy to work with and for. She demonstrates real empathy with the clients and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure the client gets a 24/7 service.” The Legal 500 2023
“I have worked very closely with Rachel Lemon over the last year engaged in financial remedy cases involving off-shore, complex corporate structures. Her empathy shines through and puts clients at ease. She is always looking for the most cost effective solutions but willing to press hard in court to get the client the best possible outcome.” The Legal 500 2023
“I have been primarily working with Rachel Lemon from Keystone Law. She has been incredibly supportive towards me throughout my terrible ordeal. She has listened with empathy and kindness”. The Legal 500 2022
Recognised in The Legal 500 2020 as a key lawyer
“Rachel Lemon is noted for her private law children and financial disputes expertise.” The Legal 500 2018
“Rachel Lemon is a private law children disputes expert.” The Legal 500 2017
Rachel Lemon “is knowledgeable and fair.” The Legal 500 2016
Rachel qualified as a solicitor in 2008. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she was a Partner and Mediator at Mundays. She was also head of their modern families sector.