His areas of expertise include IT, telecoms and e-gaming sectors, where he advises on technology-based commercial agreements. Previously, Stephen worked as a telecommunications consultant with Andersen Consulting (now Accenture).
Legal 500 2017
Stephen Rodd is a pleasure to work with, attentive and attuned to the specific needs of our business.
Legal 500 2021
Stephen Rodd has been an invaluable adviser, it often feels like he is more of a colleague than an advocate.
Legal 500 2022
Preparing, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements for:
- E-gamers and online sports betting companies
- Outsourcing service providers
- Blockchain-based business organisations
- Telecoms and IT companies
- Online card payments and multi-currency bill payment services
- Long-term advisor to a UK-licensed e-gaming platform and game provider and in relation to its sale to PlayAGS, a NYSE-listed e-gaming organisation prior to its launch and operation in the US e-gaming market
- Legal counsel to an e-gaming games and platform provider during its pre-investment funding rounds prior to launching and operating in the UK, EU, Asia and the US
- Long-term legal advisor to an Isle of Man-based game development group of companies on commercial contracts and private equity investment, including the preparation of: master investment agreement; shareholders’ agreement and related articles of association; software development agreements; software licensing agreement; revenue share agreements; regulatory and licensing agreements; and share option deeds
- Advised a hosting services provider in relation to its entry into a long-term hosting agreement with one of the largest e-gaming organisations in the world
- Provided general Isle of Man law advice to a leading sports betting organisation, including the preparation of key commercial agreements to document the rights and obligations of the client’s new business activities
- Legal counsel to an e-gaming promotional tools company that (uniquely) operates without using a random number generator during its pre-investment funding rounds prior to launching and operating in the UK, EU, Asia and the US
- Advised blockchain/digital asset organisations in relation to aspects of regulation within the Island
- Legal counsel to a blockchain start-up that is combining sport and non-fungible tokens to create an asset-backed platform for the creation and sale of NFTs based on sporting events
- Long-term legal counsel to a telecommunications company and outsourcing service provider, including the drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements with one of the world’s largest online poker companies
- Legal advisor to Vannin Ventures Limited advising on its commercial contract negotiations with leading multinational telecommunications providers and their internal and external legal teams
- Legal counsel to a UK-based multi-currency bill payment service provider
- Legal counsel to an international recruitment company
- Advised the shareholders of Duke Marketing Limited in relation to the sale of share capital, the transfer of a Motor Sport Archive to Motorsports Network, LLC and its leaseback to Duke Marketing Limited; and the preparation of a joint venture shareholders’ agreement for Duke Marketing Ltd and related agreements
- Corporate and commercial legal advice and support to the Henley Group including the preparation and negotiation of investor documentation for each of the Henley Group’s investor feeder structures and restructuring, and extending and entering into new investor and shareholder loans, documenting the accelerated distribution of sale proceeds to investors and sale of Henley properties and entities
- Leading lawyer negotiating legal and commercial settlement of a long-term consultancy agreement between a Kuwaiti trading company and a multi-national oil company, which resulted in 20-fold increase in settlement payment to the client.
- Legal advisor to National Bank of Kuwait regarding its implementation of an Internet-based funds supermarket investment service.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2023 for Isle of Man: Gambling (2022-2023)
Recognised by The Legal 500 for Isle of Man: Banking, Finance and Capital Markets (2022-2023)
Recognised as a Leading Individual by The Legal 500 for Isle of Man: Corporate and Commercial (2020-2023)
Recognised by The Legal 500 for Gaming and Betting (2022-2023)
“Stephen Rodd has been an invaluable adviser, it often feels like he is more of a colleague than an advocate. He goes beyond what would normally be expected, with fast responses in difficult circumstances, often working overnight and at weekends to keep us ahead of the challenges and gives a good balance to our team when dealing with issues. When needed, Stephen brings in the right level of resource to help resolve matters or make the right move.” The Legal 500 2022
“Stephen Rodd is a pleasure to work with, attentive and attuned to the specific needs of our business.” The Legal 500 2021
Recognised by the Legal 500 2018 for Isle of Man: Corporate and Commercial
Stephen Rodd is recognised by the Legal 500 2017 for Corporate & Commercial. “Very user-friendly”
Stephen qualified as a solicitor in 2000. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2014, he worked at the following firms:
- Bryan Cave