Will is a corporate lawyer with expertise in M&A acquisitions and disposals, venture capital investments, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations, LLPs and corporate real estate transactions.
Will focuses on supporting UK entrepreneurs, business owners, growth companies and scale-ups on the journey from early stage through to exit. He also specialises in corporate real estate acquisitions and disposals and holding structures for commercial and super-prime residential assets, investments and development projects.
Will has wide-ranging experience in handling corporate matters for UK and international private wealth investors and family offices.
- Corporate acquisitions and disposals
- Venture capital and equity fundraisings
- Shareholder agreements
- Limited liability partnerships (LLPs)
- Joint ventures
- Corporate governance
- Corporate real estate transactions
- Real estate holding structures (UK and offshore)
- Corporate private wealth
- Acted for an Oxfordshire-based hi-tech engineering business on the corporate demerger of its property and trading interests and on securing a £10m growth capital investment from the Business Growth Fund.
- Acted for a UK biotech developing synthetic vaccines for infectious diseases on its Series A fundraising with a Singaporean venture capital investor and related investment rounds raising over $20m.
- Acted for a UK derivatives trading fintech on its exit from its incubating private equity partner.
- Acted for a UK data engineering fintech business on its $28m equity fundraising with three US and UK venture capital investors.
- Acted for a London-based fintech providing tech-driven curated content on a number of investor fundraisings and share incentive arrangements.
- Advised the UK and European family offices of an ultra-high-net-worth investor on several UK corporate and real estate acquisitions, investments and disposals.
Corporate Real Estate
- Acted for a UK asset manager on the £25m corporate acquisition of a Central London commercial property for a Danish ultra-high-net-worth investor.
- Acted for a large Singaporean real estate developer on its acquisition and disposal of several London commercial real estate assets through UK and offshore SPV structures (value of £30m–£60m).
- Advised a UK super-prime residential developer on establishing offshore structures, backed by a club of UK and offshore ultra-high-net-worth investors, to acquire and redevelop London super prime properties.
- Advising a high-net-worth investor in relation to a holding structure for a co-investment in a European hotel.
- Acting for an ultra-high-net-worth family investor on the establishment of a multi-jurisdictional holding structure to invest in pan-European hotels and commercial real estate assets.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Will qualified as a solicitor in 1997. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, he worked at Charles Russell Speechlys.