William is both a Manx Advocate and qualified Solicitor in England and Wales advising on a range of legal issues affecting corporate organisations. He also advises on a range of real estate and asset finance matters acting for banks, lenders (including alternative lenders and challenger banks) and borrowers in respect of the financing of Isle of Man entities, in particular companies, partnerships and trusts.
In addition to his private practice experience, William served as In-house Legal Counsel at OCRA Worldwide.
- Corporate law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Restructuring of real-estate holding companies
- Due diligence
- Corporate governance
- Overseeing the establishment of an e-gaming client, successfully helping them through the licensing process, assisting them with bringing their product to market and entering into a wide range of commercial agreements with global sports teams.
- Running the bidding and due diligence process which resulted in the sale of two books of business to two separate global corporate service providers.
- Developing and implementing an extensive corporate governance framework and being instrumental in developing a governance-focused culture within the business.
- Remedying a distressed CSP’s book of business, working with the regulator and shareholder to find a mutually beneficial outcome.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by the Legal 500 2020 for Isle of Man: Banking & Finance and Isle of Man: Corporate and Commercial
Recognised by the Legal 500 2020 as a Next Generation Lawyer for Banking & Finance
Recognised by the Legal 500 2018 for Isle of Man: Banking & Finance and Isle of Man: Corporate and Commercial
William Margot is recognised by the Legal 500 2017 for Banking & Finance
William qualified as a solicitor in 2008. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2016, he worked at the following firms:
- Close Private Banke